Thursday, May 22, 2008

A month ago Today

One month ago today I was in labor and delivering Taft who is affectionately known as "baby boy" around our house. I have decided over and over again that I do not miss being pregnant and I am glad that the labor and stuff is over. Taft has been home for a little over two weeks and I think that we are starting to get into a routine. It may be a while before he cuts out a middle of the night feeding, but if he cont. to sleep for 3 hours at a time then I am content with that for a little longer. He is really a bright eyed baby when he is awake, but still sleeps a whole lot. It is so fun for me to watch Eric with Taft. I knew that Eric would be a great dad, but wasn't quite sure how he would do while Taft was/is an infant. He has definitely done well and he loves the infant stage more than he even thought he would. We (Taft and I) do a lot of snuggling during the day and I absolutely love it. Well, at one month I don't think that they are expected to have accomplished anything, but the fact that they have lived for a month, but happy one month of living to you Taft. We sure love you!

3 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

I really really did not think our boys would be over a month apart. I was hoping for just a week or two. Glad he is getting adjusted and on a schedule. Enjoy the snuggling and just you and him time. The next time around there won't be as much of that. We are so proud of Erk. He wouldn't even hold mackenzie as a newborn and now he probably feels like a pro.

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

We are so happy for y'all! We can't wait to see pictures of Taft, since we've only seen the ones from the hospital. I'm sure you are both wonderful parents!

Alisa said...

I am so happy to hear things are going well. Yes, middle of the night feedings will happen for a while, but cherish them. With Tye, our oldest, I looked forward to that sweet time with him...the second one, was a little different. :) Take advantage of every snuggle, too! I can't wait to see more pictures!