Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Easy & Good

So, I scoured through my recipe books in desperation for some good recipes that we could eat again some day. Most of you know that I am always up for a new recipe, especially if it is easy. So, in my efforts to plan and save I found this recipe for Monterey Chicken.

2TBS of vegetable oil
1 lb of chicken breast
1 medium green pepper
1 small onion
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 C. Picante Sauce
8 flour tortillas
1/2 C. Monterey Jack Cheese

Heat up 1 TBS. of oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken until brown. Add the other TBS. of oil, pepper and onion and cook until tender crisp. Pour salsa and soup in the skillet and let warm all the way through. Spoon chicken mixture onto tortilla sprinkle with cheese, roll up and devour. You call also put some sour cream or other toppings on there such as salsa, taco sauce, or whatever. I added a little red taco sauce to mine and it was delicious. Eric added some green sauce called Mrs. Renfros and he enjoyed his as well. If you are looking for something easy and mmm good check out this recipe from my Campbell's cook book.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Yum! That sounds really good!! I need to share some of my easy ones too.

Hartmans said...

Yes, Please do, because I know there are a lot of us out there who are looking for ways to fill our husbands and kids up!

Melissa said...

sounds yummy! maybe you can make it for me sometime. =)

Hall Family said...

that sounds really yummy, i think we'll be doing it! :) I still LOOOOVE your chicken pillows recipe!! Absolutely my fave!

Hartmans said...

I have to give credit for the chicken pillows to my sis-in-law Kim. She gave me that recipe way back when!