Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Special Friend & Mentor


Dr. Richard McCardell and Taft. Dr. McCardell was diagnosed with a Gleoblastoma (Spelling?) in January of this year. After surgery, radiation and chemotherapy he was stable as of July. The prognosis for someone with this type of brain tumor is not good. It is fatal, there is no cure and most people are given a 6-9 months. With treatment that can some times be prolonged. The inevitable is death, but many times it is due to the patient actually throwing a clot. Why am I telling you this? Well, because last night I found out that after his follow up MRI the other day the tumor is no longer holding steady. It is growing again. So, I am asking that all my friends/followers say a prayer for a very special and dear friend of mine. I am not sure that praying that he will be cured is the answer seeings how that doesn't seem to be reasonable. However, I am asking that you pray for his comfort, the comfort of his family, his friends and collegues. He is a wonderful and kind man that worked many years providing a great service to many in his community. I ask that you pray for his pain to be minimal if any and that he be able to have some quality time with his family even if it be small in quantity. Here's to you Doc...we love you and hope that you know how great a friend and mentor you have been to so so many people!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't even know him, but I cried reading this post. You always word things so well. We'll definitely keep him and his family in our prayers.

Simpson family said...

I cried too and I even knew you had posted this. I hate to hear about anyone suffering. I pray he will be comfortable also and have quality time with his family.

Kathy said...

I worked for Dr. Mc Cardell for over five years back in the 1980's and tried to keep up with him and the practice and family. My family still lives close in Nome. Can you please tell me if you know how to get ahold of Cathrine his daughter or anyone of the kids. I would love to write them in this time of need.

Kathyclemmensen@gmail.com