Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Ultimate Compliment!

I know, I know...two posts in one day...I should wait and share the wealth, but I couldn't help but brag. As most of you know, my husband Eric, is fabulous. He is complimentary in every way, but I can not seem to get his taste buds to agree. I am not sure if I am that bad of a cook or if he is just that picky, but I am sure it is that I am just an ordinary cook and he is a little picky. Anyway, the other day my sis Melissa gave me a website to go to for recipes (recipezaar.com). She liked it because they have a lot of low fat recipes...I like it because it has a lot of crock pot recipes on it. I work two days a week and on those days it is nice to throw something in the pot and let it work while I am working, so I don't have to when I get home. Eric's philosophy is lets just eat out on Mon. & Tues nights so that I don't have to wait so long to eat. Well, in order to try and compromise I am attempting to get a bunch of recipes that can cook while I work. Long story short...I made some soup (Chicken Tortilla)the other day in the crock pot that Eric said, and I quote..."I am not sure if I am just really hungry or if this is that good, but I would order this in a restaurant." What!?!?! Did I hear right? You would pay to eat something I made for you? Satisfaction I could have only dreamed of after 5 wonderful years of food struggles!

6 comments:

Hall Family said...

That's funny! I'm glad you got the compliment! :D (I can relate in some ways, although Alan usually likes what I make, but he doesn't dish out the compliments...unless it's really good) if that made any sense!

Holli said...

How funny. I can so relate. That is why Kyle took over cooking. He's much better than me and frankly, I was sick of seeing my hard work end up in the trash.

Melanie said...

Oh WOW! I've never heard those words! Jared told me I should take some cooking lessons from Jodie:) Oh well! We all have our talents is what I say... cooking is just not something I enjoy nor am I any good at it nor do I care to be. Simple and healthy is good enough for me! But, it would be nice to not have to spoon feed my children & husband all of the time b/c their thoughts don't so much align with mine:) Congrats!

katina said...

That's hilarious Theresa!! And congrats on the yummy food!!

jen said...

Maybe it just takes 5 years. I am finally mastering recipes and cooking the majority of nights. Jon was worried our future children would be living on Rice Chex.

Kim Simpson said...

I am getting some good recipes here that I am going to have to pass on. Wait maybe that will be a christmas present. Cookbooks. I know erk has liked a few of the ones I have given to you so I will try and help a sista out!