Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Why is it...?

...That people will go months (3 or more) without flossing, and then get all grossed out when they have to swallow their own spit during a prophy? I mean seriously. Do they think that they crap that I dislodged from in between their teeth is now grosser because it is now potentially floating in the spit instead of stuck to their teeth and gums? I cannot for the life of my understand... Is it that now that I have scraped it off their teeth and now their gums are overflowing with a red fluid that it is somehow more disgusting? Well, if you know why people are so goofy then please explain it to me, because I am about out of my mind trying to figure out why people refuse to swallow even a hint of their own saliva while laying back in my chair. Happy flossing!

4 comments:

The Parks Family said...

Wow! This is absolutely hilarious and mostly just because I'm probably one of those people. I'm a terrible flosser, I hate it and I am absolutely terrified of the dentist...I hate going there and come up with any excuse I can to cancel when I do work up the guts to make an appointment. Good for you for liking to keep those nasty mouths like mine cleaner!!!

Becky said...

My bro-in-law is a dentist and my sis is a dental hygienist. I hear all kinds of gross stores! haha

Hey, will you email me your address? my email is mrsmahana@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Kim Simpson said...

3months? That is not too long considering I rarely floss. I know you are probably disgusted right now. Although when I go to the dentist I don't have cavities and they always say I must be a great brusher and flosser. My only conclusion is my Sonicare works well. Good thing I am married to a dentist incase the sonicare stops working, then I will probably be in trouble. If you want to clean my teeth when we are down for christmas I will gladly swallow my spit while you are working.

Hartmans said...

Do you really need me to clean your teeth? I am sure that my boss would let me clean your teeth after hours if I ask nicely....