Monday, June 30, 2008

I can't believe...

Okay, so I worked today, and considering the fact that I had to leave my two favorite guys in the world I can't believe that I survived it. But, worse than that, I CAN'T BELIEVE the audacity of some people. So, I left work 10 minutes early because my last patient of the day cancelled last minute and it was pay day. I quickly went to the bank where I always seem to pick the longest line even though it is the shortest at the drive through. After finishing at the bank I head for home...I-10 here I come. Well, all is well until about the Neches River bridge where all of a sudden traffic comes to a halt. So, of course I come to a halt along with the truch behind that is riding me way to close. Traffic appears to pick up only to slow down immediately and you got it...BUMP! The guy behind me bumps me with his truck. CRAP! I don't want to pull over on the shoulder of a bridge that has some crazy traffic so I proceed ahead slowly until I can exit off of the interstate at Old Hwy 90 exit. I put on my blinker and look in the rear view to make sure the guy who just bumped me is getting off too. He is so I am like ok great I will pull of on the shoulder. The shoulder, by the way is really crappy, and I seem to have found the best place for off roading in southeast TX which would have been great except for I am in a honda civic. Not so great! Well, even worse, the guy in the truck doesn't stop. I couldn't believe it. So, I am like what the heck...no way, so of course I pull back onto the access road to follow his sorry can, thinking he just didn't want to pull over there. So, I put the pedal to the metal and start following him. Well, long story short I start noticing a funny noise and I think that it is the road. I notice that as I accelerate it gets worse and as I slow down it gets better until finally it doesn't get better at all. So somewhere between all of this "I can't believe this is happening to me" going on in my head I call Eric and tell him that I think something is really wrong with my car. But, wait, I notice the truck that bumped me finally turning and it looks like he is turning into a convenient store. But, NO...he turned on the road next to the convenient store. By now my car is so bad I am unwilling to continue following this jerk for fear my car will get me stranded somewhere. So, I pull in and get out. Low and behold the jerk didn't pull over because my car didn't have any dents or scratches, thank goodness, but I now had a FLAT TIRE from my off-roading experience. I can't believe it...the jerk didn't even see if I was ok... Oh well, but it gets better. It is 95 degrees and I am obviously a young lady in need of a tire change. But, the man in his 50s with a nice shirt and tie on isn't going to lend a hand, because he is clearly not wanting to put his other friend who is also in a nice shirt & tie in a situation to do some good for someone. Several more men passed by without offering to help as I try to get all the stuff out of my trunk so Eric can change my tire when he gets there. BUT, I can't seem to get the car jack out...when I can't believe it...a friend from way back in JR. High is coming toward me asking if I needed help. Corey Green you are a saint...he actually had the tire changed before Eric could load up Taft and get out of the drive way. Corey actually turned back around to help even when he didn't know who it was. The moral of the story is...I can't believe that people can be so jerky and others be so kind...! Thanks to Corey!

3 comments:

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

I am constantly amazed by the extremes of people. It seems like now-a-days they are either really big jerks or really sweet, compassionate saints. I'm sorry you had to deal with so many of the jerks, but you were definitely being watched over, so that Corey would be in the right place at the right time.

Hall Family said...

I feel for you! I've decided I absolutely hate (i know it's a very strong word) driving in Cedar Rapids! People here are really annoying drivers...and I'm not generalizing...the majority far out number the nice drivers. Anyway, I'm glad that your friend from high school was compassionate enough whether he knew it was you or not, to help out! When I hear stories like that, my faith in man is renewed. (meaning that there are still decent people out there)

Laurie said...

hey! i enjoyed talking to you yesterday. your little boy is adorable!