Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America

I love birthdays, and this particular birthday is a great cause for reflection. I am realizing every day more and more that the things we are grateful for are even more special as I am now a parent. I am especially grateful to have the freedom of religion here in the US now that Taft is here and will need direction from loving family and friends. I am and have always been glad that my parents raised me in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that wouldn't have been possible if the brave men and women across the world hadn't and weren't fighting for our freedoms that I know I take for granted way too often. The saddest thing is...I am not sure which b-day this is for our great nation, but if any history buffs know I would love to. Well, here is to many more birthdays America and may we all pause to reflect this day and give a prayer of thanks for the MANY who have served on our behalf!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

we adopted the declaration of independence on this day. The year was 1776.

Melissa said...

google and wikipedia are full of info if you ever need to know the answer to questions. =) hope y'all had a nice day.

Hartmans said...

I knew I could count on some member of my family to know the answer to the question or at least direct me in the right path. Way to go Krit Krit! Maybe History is your thing...:)

Hall Family said...

well put! :)