Friday, June 27, 2008

The latest Report

So, it is official. Taft is the king of our island. We are reminded all too often, but it is a sweet thing. Eric often says..."Can you believe that something so small rules our world now?" Well, Eric I can. Eric has done a fabulous job the last two days watching our wondeful little man, and after one day of it by himself realized how hard it was/is to get things done with a baby. The epiphony of all epiphonies. Our daddy learns quickly. Taft saw Dr. Worley this morning and weighs 11 lbs 13 oz (50th %) and is 23.5 in long (60th %). He gained 3 1/2 lbs. and grew 2 inches since his last appt (about 4-5 weeks ago). Dr. Worley said that he is moving up the growth curve just perfectly! For those wondering when the monitor is going to come off...not anytime soon is my thinking. Dr. Worley wants to see 2 months worth of "good reports" from the monitor co. so I think Taft will forever wear this thing. Actually I am going to call the monitor co. and ask them some questions because everytime his monitor goes off he has never not been breathing or anything. So, I am stumped and have NO clue when we will become a wireless family again. Until then, I guess my lesson is patience. Taft also got his 2 month old immunizations today and he did so good. He stopped crying almost immediately after I picked him back up... Way to go baby... The lady was fast and it was over before we could say the word immunizations. I do have to say that no one could have prepared me for how sad and pathetic his cry was. It was the saddest and most pathetic we have heard yet, or I have anyways...Daddy chickened out of this appt. But, the boy is working on getting his immunizations and we are thankful for modern medicine! Until next time....

2 comments:

Meg Barry said...

Way to grow Taft! It is pretty amazing how encompassing these little guys are. Sucks about the monitor not coming off. Good luck with that!

Alisa said...

I love it that babies have virtually no memory! Michael was always scared of the immunizations, so I had to hold them, but the cry for about 5 seconds, then forget the pain, and move on!