Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What A Day!

Never in a million years would I have thought that going back to work would be so physically exhausting. By the end of the day, my feet, back and legs were hurting and all I wanted to do was soak in some warm water. I am really fearful for tomorrow. So, why am I typing this at 10:00 at night when my child just feel asleep and I should be right behind him...? Well, because tomorrow it will be irrelevant, because it won't be my first day back. Anyway, I am not sure that I could have prepared myself for the subconcious roller coaster that I would go on today. I was excited to get back to see some of my patients, but sad to leave my child. I did however manage to get out the door and to my operatory with no tears. BUT...I almost spilled over leaving my house. Taft spent the day with his Daddy, grandma, aunt and cousin, so I knew that he would be surrounded by love, but it was tougher to leave him than I thought it would be. Eric said he changed the diaper of a lifetime and that it was really gross. I still think that the blow out that I cleaned up was worse, but since I didn't see it I guess we will never know. Well, tomorrow is sure to prove to be a bear...so, I better get some shut eye, or I am sure to fall over!

3 comments:

Holli said...

YOU CAN DO IT! I'm always amazed at a woman's limitless potential... And, you're right, Taft will be fine.

Hall Family said...

Aaah I understand so much!!! Even though I didn't have to leave my kids at home, I took them with me, it was actually when I first went without from the kids on our first overnight date together that I really had the hardest time! I think Kason had to of been at least 6-9 months, and I'd already had one kiddo! It's sooo hard!! But you can do it!!! :) Later, when they start talking, you'll wish you had somewhere to run to ;) haha..okay maybe just me :) haha

Alisa said...

From someone who has been there...it is really hard! Taft is certainly surrounded by love, and it is really good to have him around other people for long periods of time. Tye was never as clingy as Kenadie is, but I worked outside the home with Tye, and not with Kenadie. You can do it!