Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Taft Progress...

Well, on our way to see Taft and Running errands, we called the NICU to see if Dr. Raval would be in for some questions we had. He was in early today so we just talked on the phone, because he was leaving before we would be there. Anyways, Here is the latest....
Taft finishes his antibiotics today:), but the latest chest x-ray still shows some problems on his right lung lower lobe. It is still not functioning to what it needs to, so they started him on chest physical therapy (done by a machine and much like a massage). The nurse said that he loved it...slept right through it!:) That is no surprise. They are also giving him lasix (a medication that helps secretes excess fluids) to help get rid of the secretions that are blocking the parts of his lung that are not functioning at 100%. He is still having some episodes where his oxygen saturation is dropping below 93%-98%, which is where they want it to be before they take him off the oxygen. He will have to be off the oxygen for 3 days before they will send him home, too, so needless to say we are at a loss for as to when he will come home. We are going to keep praying and see how our Heavenly Father chooses to bless us. We hope you will join us in praying for him. In the meantime....he is eating well. WE have fed him one time a piece. He is eating every 3 hours and they are continuing to increase his feedings. Today his burped really good for me after I fed him. It was funny. He gets cuter and cuter to us each day. We feel lonely without him and hope he gets home to us sooner than later. We will just have to wait and see waht is to be learned from this trial.....until the next update.....keep Praying for him!

4 comments:

Kim Simpson said...

Even though I am sure it is hard to still not have him home yet. I say look on the bright side. You are getting some really good nights of sleep since you are no longer pregnant and the NICU is taking such good care of little Taft at night for you. I do hope he gets to come home soon though.

Melissa said...

AWWWWW, I'm so bummed. We won't come home this weekend if he's not here. I hope he gets better soon. Sounds like he's eating well and so that's good. Rest up and read a good book. It may be awhile before you get to read a good one again. Love you guys and we always pray for him and you both.

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

We will definitely be praying for him! I'm sure he will be home before you know it.

Hall Family said...

I went home without Makaya too. She was on oxygen, and her oxygen levels kept dropping below the norm and would even drop really low. (she'd had episodes where she'd stop breathing) They didn't know what was wrong with her, she didn't swallow anything when she came out, and her lungs were clear and anyway, it definitely was very interesting for my first baby. When I had Kason, I didnt' know any different. It was like having my first child, because I could have him in the room with me, and I was nursing him from the first and it was just nice! Anyway, I promise it gets better! I do know how it feels to that (above mentioned) extent. Hang in there though! (your friend kim is right, try and take advantage of the sleep :)) LOVE YA!!!!