Wednesday, April 30, 2008

8 days and no IV

Taft is now 8 days old and now is without his IV. They removed the IV since he has completed his antibiotics. It was so nice to see him with one less wire and no armboard taped nice and snug. He actually wiggled off his 1st armboard so they had to wrap the next one pretty snug. He is a very squirmy baby. He is so fun to watch. He is a serious stretcher and he stretches out pretty long. Today he kept his eyes open for almost the full hour we were there to visit him. The Dr. showed us his x-rays and he is definitely improving, but still has some fluid/secretions on his lungs. They are continuing his physical therapy every three hours before his feedings and he is definitely eating well without any mention of reflux.:) They are also continuing Lasix. The next hope is that he is off Oxygen when we go see him. Eric gave him another blessing today so we are hopeful that he will be off of it soon. Well, hope that all is well with those who are reading and thanks for following our progress and praying for our little man.

4 comments:

Laurie Huish said...

I am glad that Taft is doing better. Ya'll are in our prayers.

Be A Saint said...

I saw Eric today and told him that I was stalking your blog. He made me promise to be a commenter and not just a stalker. I know how hard it is not to be able to bring home your baby. It is a hard time, but I'm happy that he is doing better. Thanks for the updates on his progress.
the Zachary's

Katie said...

Hey Teresa,
Wow girl, I didn't realize you had Taft. Congratulations! I have been looking at your blog since yesterday so my thoughts and prayers are with ya'll. As soon as ya'll are home and settled in I would love to come visit and hold baby Taft. Thanks also for the thank you card you sent me, I loved it.
Love Ya,
Katie Downs

KIR said...

Erk says it could be Sunday or Monday before he comes home. Praying it is sooner than we all expect. I can’t wait until I get to see him again; especially completely healthy. Poor Krif and Gun haven’t seen him at all. We can be patient and will have to wait our turn. Thank goodness for Donna's pictures. We've been living vicariously through her precious pics! Much Love, KIR