Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful

This morning I am thankful to have a husband as dedicated as Eric is to being a father. Taft had a hard time falling asleep last night, due to what I think is an ear infection that never cleared up completely with antibiotics. So, he cried a lot, but after some tylenol, some ear drops and some distraction he feel asleep. Only he woke up an 1 hour and a half later, crying again. So, After 15 min. of crying I decided to get Eric up to give him a blessing. Eric got him to finally calm down, but he wouldn't sit still enough for a blessing. So, the plan was to survive the night (if possible) and go to the dr. in the morning. Eric suggested that I go sleep and he would stay up with him until they feel asleep. Long story short, Taft fell asleep again, but woke up with fever a few hours later. But because he tossed and turned, Eric really never fell asleep for very long. About 5:40 a.m. Taft finally fell asleep on his Daddy's chest, and it kind of brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet sight. Taft is so fortunate to have a Daddy that loves him so much and is so involved. And, Eric is so lucky that Taft loves him so much, and that he has an automatic best friend! So, I am headed out this morning in hopes that what should have been a follow up visit tomorrow to re-check his ears, won't cost me anything today.:) Wishful thinking, but I am not going to hold my breath!

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

what a sweet dad! :) Hoping for the best for you guys!

Creative Stirrings said...

You are awesome! I love the name Taft. I have it on my boy list but have never heard of anyone using it. How fun! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Hartmans said...

Thanks for the confidence of my awesomeness. I have to admit, that at 1st I was a little freaked out by the response, because I wasn't sure who to attach the comment to. I am glad that you "found" me, because I think I am going to love looking at your blog, too. I am assuming you are married to Thomas and sis-in-laws with Robin. If so, let me know for sure. Hope you get to use the name Taft, if you are still hoping for a boy...or another boy!