Monday, November 30, 2009

Chaos!

Taft woke up this morning at about 3:30 a.m. with another fever. UGH!! so frustrating. Seriously we have been dealing with sickness since about the middle of October and I am at my wits end. We did finally however endure enough ear infections to finally get a referral to the ENT for tubes. Not really looking forward to the whole ear plug thing, but I will take it any day over the misery poor Taft has had to endure. Anyway, so I took him in to see the Dr. again, and when I walked in about 30 min. before the walk-in sick clinic finished there wasn't a seat available on the "sick" side, and only 1 or 2 available in the center where parents sit with their child who is usually not sick enough to warrant the risk of infection by sitting on the "sick side." So, they go to sign us in and guess what...their computers go down. I immediately felt so sorry for them (the staff and those waiting to be seen). It was however a bonus for us, because they had to manually sign us in and got us back faster, due to not knowing the order that the computer had signed people in and not knowing who was there for what. Needless to say....their CHAOS was our blessing in disguise. And, today I am thankful for a referral and an appt. that is already set up with the ENT.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

aah Teresa, this is your year of the sickly. Ours was last year...I sure hope Taft gets better soon!!!! And I hope the tubes help!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh good luck!! I hope all goes well and he feels a lot better soon!!