Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bath Time anyone?


I am pretty sure that if you were just looking at these pictures that you would never guess that this is at 10pm about 2 1/2 hours after Taft had fallen asleep.

Last night Taft woke up screaming. At first Eric and I thought he had just had a bad dream or something, but soon realized that he wasn't calming down. So, we took turn holding him for a few minutes. I was trying to get ready for bed, so Eric was taking his turn when all of a sudden Taft let out a really loud/long fart.

Even So, his crying didn't cease, so I called my mom to see what to do for a gas issue for a baby when I didn't have any mylicon drops and Wal-mart could possibly be closed. She suggested a bath, and since Eric thinks that Pizza and a warm bath/shower are the cure-alls for everything I started stripping him down for a bath.

Withinseconds of putting him in the bath, he calmed down and enjoyed a second go round in the tub. I am not sure what he problem was, but like Eric says, there is not a lot that a warm bath/shower won't cure!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Looks like he loves his bath time. I am glad he calmed down.

Becky said...

Poor baby! I have to agree with Eric, pizza and baths are a cure all!

Melissa said...

He looks so grown up! I love him so much! Glad all it took was a bath. Unfortunately, we're all SICK at our house.

Hall Family said...

Cute family picture! I'm so behind, I'm trying to get caught up! Oh Taft looks just like you!! He's such a cutie!!!