Sunday, November 9, 2008

Solids & Sittin' Up




Taft is now sitting up pretty good (only falling over when he is on a really hard surface!) Just teasin' it only seems like he loses his balance when he is no longer on carpet. However, he is sitting up and getting really close to crawling. I am not sure if I forgot I sat him up or if he did it all by himself, but somehow he ended up in the sitting up position from his belly. I am pretty sure he did it by himself somehow, but I was watching TV and somehow missed him getting to that point. Oh well, anyways, he is also eating some purees now in addition to his cereal and seems to enjoy them. He has tried butternut squash, applesauce, & sweet potatoes. I think sweet potatoes might be his favorite so far. He has only had them a few times, but he seems to down those faster than the others without too much distraction. He is seriously one of the happiest babies and I feel super fortunate. The other day he went with me to get my hair cut/colored (grey already...rediculous!) and then we went and did some Christmas shopping. In between hair and shopping I went to lunch with some coworkers and Taft fell asleep sitting up in the high chair. It was so cute. I however didn't capture that on camera. Sorry...maybe next time. Well, here is to a wonderful holiday season and may you all find joy in something!

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

I have gray already too! what's up with that?!?! I think kids bring it on, no matter the age...it's the fact of just having them!! Taft is getting so big! it seems like you just had him!!! :)

Hall Family said...

okay I meant a few gray stragglers...not my whole head, and I'm sure you meant the same, I just wanted to make sure there was a clarification! :)hahaha

Melissa said...

Go Taft! We can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving and Christmas. =)