Sunday, January 24, 2010

Faith Promoting Stories?

Last night Eric went to the Stake Dance to chaperon for our ward. So, I helped myself to some time at my mom's house for a visit with her and an aunt that is in from Utah. About an hour or so after the dance started, I decided that since it was at our local chapel I would run over and hang out with Eric for a little bit. When I got there Eric proceeded to tell me about an assignment he was given for a "mini" youth conference that the stake is having in March. Being the organizer that I am, I found a member or the Stake YW pres. to get more details. After I got my details, I was content to leave the room and continue my hanging out process, when I got stopped! No big deal, President Newton (the stake pres.) just wants to say hi. WRONG! He wanted to help me out with my calendering. He started to tell me about stake conference which happens to be on the 6th, and 7th of Feb. Thanks for the reminder Pres. I am planning on attending and I am even gonna sing in the choir on Sunday.:) Nope, not what he wanted. What he really wanted was to give me an early b-day present. One that requires me to speak for 10 minutes at the adult session of conference. FOR REAL!? You sure? Well, I guess he was sure. So, here is the question I have for you. What stories in church history are faith promoting to you? I have to speak on a faith promoting story from church history. Seriously? There are a million in one faith promoting stories....how do you just choose one? So, if you have a good one please leave me a clue to it in the comments section, because I am really freaked out about having to pick a story and then talk on it.

6 comments:

Holli said...

Wow! What an assignment! Talk about wrong place/wrong time! But, I know you'll do a great job. Personally, I would use the Our Heritage manual. It's full of those great stories. I love reading it and I personally couldn't pick just one.

Becky said...

Which ever story you choose, you'll do a fabulous job! You are a great public speaker, and the Stake President knows that - that's why he asked you. :)

Kristina said...

you can call me T. I have tons. As church history happens to be one of my favorite topics. I have one in particular that comes to mind.

Kimberly said...

The phrase "glad it's you and not me" comes to mind! You will do great!

Kimberly said...

hey - i got a new email address and was wondering if you would give me access to your blog for it

kimberly.fruge.haynes@gmail.com

thanks!

Hartmans said...

Kimberly if you are talking to me, then I am not sure what to do, because my blog isn't private. You should be able to access it. Let me know if you can't.