Monday, March 9, 2009

I Never thought I would say....

....that we have been robbed, but it is true. We were robbed today while I was at work and Eric was at his dad's house. While they took things that are only material the computer actually had Taft's first year of life was on that thing and I am so sad about that. So, if you don't hear from us for a while it is because we are without a computer. My advice for all of you is take time to write down your serial numbers for your bigger ticket items (i.e. computer, cameras, stereos, dvd players, chain saws, drills, Guns, etc.) I wish we had done it sooner and now it is too late. I will have to post our new door lock for you later!

8 comments:

Holli said...

Oh my gosh! That is SO scary. Are you ok?

The Battisti Family said...

Oh my goodness, that is terrible! How sad for all of Taft's pictures to be on the computer. Ah! Any ideas of who it might have been? How did they break in? You'll have to give me the details sometime.

Melanie said...

Holy cow! That is scary! My mom got robbed in Katy just 2 weeks ago. Was your door unlocked? Oh - my goodness... I'm just in a little bit of shock b/c I am way too trusting about our little community up here. I am so sorry to hear that!

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

I'm so sorry! That's awful! I'm just glad that y'all are safe and sound, although, I'm sure, a bit shaken.

Hall Family said...

Oh that's horrible!!! I'm so sorry about losing Tafts pictures!! Anything you posted on blogger should still be on there...hopefully :) I deleted all our pictures off the computer only to realize that some of them I needed, but when I looked at blogger, it was still on there. Anyway, I am SOOO Sorry!!!!! I hope that never happens to us, but the reality is it can happen to Anyone Anytime!

Tabatha said...

I am so sorry about your things that were taken and especially Taft's photos. But I am so thankful that none of you were home! I feel like I have been hit in the stomach just hearing about it. I can't imagine what you guys are feeling. We love you three and will keep you in our prayers!

Kim Simpson said...

I know I have all of Christmas on my computer including the Hartman Christmas. Hopefully your mom has some things on her computer. I am still in shock that your were robbed. At least everyone is safe but still......this just stinks.

jen said...

My sister-in-law just went through the same thing. They had backed up all their photos on an external hard drive, but the thief took that as well.
I'm sorry you had to go through that! I'm sure you feel completely violated.
Glad everyone is okay.