Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Oh Beautiful!





We haven't had much rain for a while, so the state of Texas is in a big DROUGHT. not normal for us. We are used to lots of humidity with rain! Since we are so dry, there was a not only a ban on popping fire works, but a ban for selling them as well. Needless to say it was a pretty quiet 4th after the sun went down. However, we still had a great time showing off our patriotism and enjoyed doing so at the church's annual breakfast of pancakes, a program and a bike parade! The kids got to ride their non-motorized bikes, wagons, scooters, etc. that they (or their parents) decorated. We got to see lots of friends and we realized once again how blessed we are for the many freedoms we enjoy because of the sacrifice of others. We are blessed beyond measure for many reasons but especially to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I don't think I've told you yet- your kids are so adorable! Seriously good-looking boys! Glad y'all enjoyed your 4th sans fireworks :)

Holli said...

I agree. You guys make an adorable boy, that's for sure! They are both such cute kids.

Thanks for all your support and help for the shower. I discussed it with my SIL Shannon. Do you think you could get together with her because I think she has some ideas, too.

Thanks so much!!!

You're the BEST!

Megan owen said...

You family is darling! We have boys the same age too! We had our 3rd Feb of this year, Max! I miss talking with you!

Hartmans said...

Megan, I am not sure if you will check this again or not. I am so glad to hear from you. I miss talking with you too. I have tried to call you a time or two and only gotten voice mail. Email me @ thehartmancrew@gmail.com and give me an update on your family. I hope your family is doing well. I am planning on going to Melissa's in Midlothian for Labor Day weekend. I would love to get together if you are able to. Email me!